the wine tourism welcoming

 

Az. Agr. Bonfiglio

 

Apply: Angela Baraldi
 
Wine areas:
Colli Bolognesi (DOC)
Colli Bolognesi Classico Pignoletto (DOC)
 
Foundation year: 1946
 
Winemaker: Giovanni Fraulini
 
Vine variety: Pignoletto, Cabernet Sauvignon, Barbera, Merlot
 
Hectare: 25
 
Most important labels:
Colli Bolognesi Pignoletto Superiore docg
Colli Bolognesi Pignoletto frizzante 'Alba in Vigna' Millesimato docg (metodo tradizionale)
Colli Bolognesi Pignoletto 'Il Passito' doc
Colli Bolognesi Rosso Bologna doc
Colli Bolognesi 'Baraldesco' Rosso Bologna Riserva doc
 
Wine Road: Strada dei Vini e dei Sapori Città Castelli Ciliegi
Description

BONFIGLIO is an historical wine cellar located in Monteveglio, northwest of Bologna city, and associated to the Colli Bolognesi d.o.c. Wines Consortium with more than fifty years of typical d.o.c. wine production obtained from grapes of about 25 hectars of his own hilly vineyards originally owned to the Ranuzzi de' Bianchi Counts noble bolognese family when, on the mid of last century, they decided to convert them into high quality wine production. The Company's new structure with Baraldi family intends to proceed along the route strengthened during the past years in which the respect of tradition and genuineness have been linked up with the experimentation, the low yield per hectare and the natural systems to prevent the vine deseases. Bonfiglio annual production is around 60.000 bottles, this output being highly selective and with a very interesting growing potential: during the last years important investments have been made in vineyard and cellar to improve the wine making techniques without affecting the product characteristics and to allow the best exploitation of the high quality grapes in the Colli Bolognesi area. As great interpreter of 'Pignoletto', Bonfiglio is able to obtain very interesting products from this indigenous grape, real and authentic 'king' of Bologna viticulture: from the semisparkling execution made by the 'charmat ' method of tank fermentation or the refermentation in bottle, to the still execution with a Pignoletto Superiore winemade in steel, until the Passito obtained from grapes of the Oliveto hills microzone. Other wines produced by Bonfiglio: 'Fresco&Rosso' a red table wine made with Cabernet Sauvignon, Barbera and Merlot grapes, and 'Barbarot Brioso' an Igt red wine blended 70% with Barbera grapes and the remaining 30% with Merlot grapes.


Days and Hour opening: Monday - Friday 9,00 - 13,00 / 15,00 - 18,00; Saturday 9,30 - 12,30
 
Days and Hours visit: upon reservation
 
Wine Tasting: yes
 
Oil Tasting: no
 
Purchase products in the cellar: yes
 
Purchase products online: yes
 
Disabled accessibility: yes
 
Coach parking: yes
 
Language spoken: Italian, English, Spanish
 
Rooms for rent number: 4
 
Apartments for rent number: 2