the wine tourism welcoming

 

Fattoria Di Fubbiano

 
 
 

Apply: Alfred E. Schiller (direttore: Marco Corsini)
 
Wine area: Massa e Colline Lucchesi (DOC)
 
Foundation year: 1600
 
Winemaker: Bruno Trentini
 
Vine variety: Sangiovese, Teroldego, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Canaiolo, Ciliegiolo, Vermentino, Trebbiano, Malvasia, Greco, Aleatico
 
Hectare: 20
 
Wine Road: Lucca, Montecarlo e Versilia
Description

The archives of the parish of San Gennaro first mention Fubbiano" on 27th February 1694, when the vicar-general Mons. Giuseppe Arnolfini celebrated a mass in the Villa's private chapel. The oratory is consecrated to St. Carlo Borromeo. Unfortunately, the name of the family, which most probably built the Villa, is not mentioned. The Fattoria di Fubbiano stretches for 46 hectares (138 acres) on the Lucca hills, between the villages of Tofori and San Gennaro, an area where wine has been produced since the fourteenth century. Twenty hectares are used for wine production with an average annual yield of around 100.000 bottles, 80 % of which are Red and the remaining 20 % White. The Fattoria di Fubbiano produces four red wines which belong to the D.O.C. (Denominazione di Origine Controllata) Colline Lucchesi Rosso; three white wines which belong to the D.O.C. Colline Lucchesi Bianco; a Supertuscan Red I.G.T. (Indicazione Geografica Tipica), and also "Aqua Vitae" Grappa and "Aceto di Vino" wine vinegar. Viticulture is performed following the traditional methods (guyot and spurred cordon), with an extremely low number of buds and a planting density of approximately 5000 vines per hectar....

How to get

Leave the motorway A11 (PISA NORD / FIRENZE) at CAPANNORI exit. From the motorway exit turn left following the signs to CAPANNORI / PORCARI. Pass over the rail and after 1,8 km you find a round about where you have to follow signs to PORCARI / BAGNI DI LUCCA on the right. After 500 meters you will find a second round about where you will see a big supermarket ESSELUNGA. Take the road on your left following the signs to PESCIA / BAGNI DI LUCCA. Keep on this road for 2,4 km. You'll see the white sign LUNATA. After 200 meters from the sign you will cross the statal road VIA PESCIATINA (SR 435).


Days and Hour opening: All year round
 
Days and Hours visit: Everyday by reservation
 
Wine Tasting: yes
 
Oil Tasting: no
 
Purchase products in the cellar: yes
 
Purchase products online: no
 
Disabled accessibility: yes
 
Coach parking: no
 
Language spoken: Italian, English, French
 
Overnight: Acommodation in the villa, a stone house and some apartments