'Cantine Aperte a San Martino': meeting with wine lovers in cellars of Lazio, Sunday, November 10

28/10/2013 With autumn comes novello wine, and the cellars of the Lazio region are opening their doors for wine tastings with typical products

Sunday, November 10 from 10:30am to 6:30pm Movimento Turismo del Vino Lazio is organizing and celebrating the brand new Cantine Aperte event for St. Martin’s Summer, inspired by an old saying “nell’estate di San Martino si spilla la botte e si assaggia il vino” (during St. Martin’s Summer, we pop open the barrel and taste the wine). Brand new like the wines for this event: novello wine and aged wines from the latest vintages. Novello wine is a messenger for the new year as it hits the market on the first of November of the same year as the harvest and must be drunk by the following spring. It is a fresh fruity wine, with notes of raspberry, cherry as well as other ripe fruits and is bright red in color. The novello from Lazio is top quality and contributes to the growth in the regional wine industry.

Novello wine is ready just a few weeks after the grape harvest and is obtained through a special technique called carbonic maceration which makes it fresh and youthful. According to Italian law, at least 30% of the grapes must undergo carbonic maceration while the remaining 70% can be vinified with traditional methods to be called “Novello”. The production started in France in 1934 taking on the name of the production area, Beaujolais Nouveaux, and has been produced in Italy for some years piquing the interest of consumers.In Lazio, it will be served with cold cuts, fresh cheese and roasted chestnuts.

Unique experiences for the senses that will develop on the quest for the coziest area of the cellars which are in full fermentation. Most of the wineries listed below will offer aged wines with typical local products enriching the cellar tours which provide, as always, the opportunity to know more about the typical local products of the territory.

The participating wineries are:

PROVINCIA DI ROMA

CANTINA DEL TUFAIO
Tel. 06 – 9524502 Cell. 339 6380419
www.cantinadeltufaio.it

L’AZ. AGR. CASALE VALLECHIESA
Tel. 06 9417270
www.casalevallechiesa.it

AZ. BIOLOGICA DE SANCTIS
Tel. 340 3962771 – 340 7058552
www.frascati-wine.com

DONNARDEA - AZ. AGR. DUCA ANTONIO TRASMONDI
Tel. 06 – 9115435 o 335 7573789
www.donnardea.it

AZ. AGR. CASALE CENTO CORVI MENADI S.R.L.
Tel. 06 9903902
www.casalecentocorvi.it

CANTINA LA LUNA DEL CASALE LANUVIO
Tel 06 9370036 – 347 8248506
www.lalunadelcasale.it.

L’AZ. AGR. CASTELLO DI TORRE IN PIETRA
Tel. 06 61697070
www.castelloditorreinpietra.it.

PROVINCIA DI LATINA

AZ. AGR. CANTINA SANT'ANDREA
Tel. 0773 755028
www.cantinasantandrea.it

AZ. AGR. CASALE DEL GIGLIO
Tel. 06 92902530
www.casaledelgiglio.it

AZ. AGR. GANCI E MILONE
0773 208219 – 328 6411761
www.cantinaganci.com

TENUTA PIETRA PINTA
Tel.: 06 9678001.
www.pietrapinta.com.

Per maggiori info: Tel. 06 860469 www.mtvlazio.it






2015

2014

2013